Sunday, June 3, 2007

Cute ewww




Asian pop culture, especially Japanese, seems to have an obsession with “cute”-ness but I personally dislike that word for the following reasons:
- Sounds so vague, even dogs are cute
- Sounds pedophiliac to me
- It can be a pity word for ugly people
- It’s overused. Sometimes a girl sees a rugged, square-jawed, six-packed, burning hot guy and still calls him “cute”. WTF?

Alright “cute” isn’t bad, there are real cuties like The O.C’s Seth Cohen whom I adore to pieces but I generally tend to avoid using that word. I once wore a smoking tube top and a lady friend of mine still called me “cute”. I was like “What the hell! Do I need to rip my clothes off so that you will stop calling me “cute”?" If I had been wearing a Hello Kitty shirt it would have been a different matter to me. Or being called "fucking cute".

Funnily from the info I gathered on the internet, girls like being called cute but guys hate being called so.

In my book:

Sexy – exudes sensuality, has special charm
e.g French women, Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp

Hot – I wanna bang you on the spot
e.g Italian guys, Calvin Klein underwear models

Cute – close to pretty or may be used to describe bubbly personality but can also extend to animals
e.g: Audrey Tautou, Paris Hilton, oops, I mean her chihuahuas

Pretty – good-looking in a prepubescent or teenagerish way
e.g: Keira Knightley, Orlando Bloom

Beautiful (woman) & handsome (men) – good-looking in an “adult” way
e.g Monica Bellucci, Tom Cruise

Gorgeous – can be used to describe both men & women, close to beautiful & handsome



Of couse, the definitions can easily overlap sometimes like Jolie is sexy, hot, beautiful but I can hardly describe her as “cute”.

To me, sexy > hot > cute. Doesn’t always work that way but that’s generally my rule.

OK, enough with the rambling. Do you like being called cute? How do you most want to be called?

6 comments:

  1. ha ha, your bitchiness is so CUTE =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanna rip her head open to see what makes this girl so Cutely bitchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I like your defitions and examples. I guess them right. So what do you want to be called: sexy, hot?
    I've been called cute too. And yeah, I don't like it. Some even calls me boy-faced and means it as a compliment, huhu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Upload some more pics, hot sexy cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sexy! 'Cause it's SEXy. But I can settle for "hot" :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will upload some "too hot to handle" pictures of me on my graduation day ;)

    ReplyDelete